Whether you’re sunning yourself poolside or dancing around a festival field with wild abandon, nothing says summer quite like an upbeat song. But what to listen to this holiday season?
The stars of our latest campaign share their favourite tracks that capture the spirit of summer, so read on for the soundtrack to your next holiday.
Fashion star Nadya Hasan (@thefierce_nay) is a big fan of girl power: “Right now, I would say the song that really inspires me is 7 rings by Ariana Grande, because she gets what she wants, when she wants it.”
And songs that evoke the feeling of summer? “There’s a lot of Beyoncé in there, I have to say. I just love her; she’s amazing.
“When I think of a festival – and I think this was the last one I went to – it’s Beyoncé at The Carters concert last summer in Nice, so that was awesome.
“Some of Justin Timberlake’s songs are really like, summer songs too.”
Nadya is also “a bit old school so, when travelling, I really listen to Frank Sinatra – that old music kind of inspires me so I’m all about that right now.”
For Federica Delsale (@federicadelsale) the track that inspires her the most is “Instant Crush by Daft Punk”, while Hsin Wei Ho (@hsinwei.ho) would choose “She’s in Fashion by Suede”.
Mother-of-one Federica isn’t a regular when it comes to attending gigs and festivals, but she went to Coachella 2019 and really rated this year’s line-up.
“While I’m travelling, especially when I’m on a road trip, I love to listen to those songs that make me travel with my mind, such as Prayer in C by Robin Schulz, or maybe a less well-known Italian song,” she said.
Model Christoffer Barsø (@christofferbarso) “loves the music where it’s stuck in my head. Because I’m just singing it all the time [and] it creates this feeling. If it can’t get it out, it’s just a part of me.
“On holiday I love listening to ‘still music’, it’s like relaxing, just laying with a drink in your hand at the beach or by the pool.”
- 7 rings by Ariana Grande
- Formation by Beyoncé
- Can’t Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake
- Sunflower by Vampire Weekend
- Instant Crush by Daft Punk
- Prayer in C by Robin Schulz
- She’s in Fashion by Suede
- bad guy by Billie Eilish
- See You Again by Wiz Khalifa feat. Charlie Puth
- Feels Like Summer by Childish Gambino
- A Thousand Times by Ella Mai
- Island In The Sun by Weezer
- Somebody Else by The 1975
- Electricity by Diplo feat. Silk City, Dua Lipa and Mark Ronson
- Tilted by Christine and the Queens
- Make Me Feel by Janelle Monáe
- Here With Me by CHVRCHES
- Talk by Khalid
- The Less I Know The Better by Tame Impala
- Cranes In The Sky by Solange